Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Valentine's Day Preparations


Come in my dear friends. It is much too cold for you to be outside peering in the windows!

As you left us last time, the little monks were getting ready to make some very special valentines.

Meg gathered all the red and white construction paper she could find and the monkeys sat around the kitchen table. Missy who loves to scrapbook, contributed scissors and a mountain of embellishments, too! (I must say that I had no idea she had so many embellishments!)

It seemed that all the monkeys were having fun and getting along so well...until Mildred became a little too "helpful" to Miffy and Marie. I am sure that Mildred had their best interests in mind when she tried to gently point out that Marie's hearts were lopsided and Miffy's valentines were a bit misshapened. Somehow or other, the girls read "bossy" in Mildred's manner and they didn't like it a bit! Add Meg's air of superior artistic snobbiness and then you can easily see how this wonderful afternoon of valentine making turned into a 'squabblefest'.

Oh my....it is terribly hard to find 10 minutes of peace and quiet at the Cottage At The End of The Lane. But can one expect anything less from a cottage full of monkeys?

Well my friends, I must get back to my chores. I do hope you will visit again soon, because Martha is about to receive her first valentine!

No comments: